1. Reduce Your Stress. For some of us, the holidays can be a stressful time of year and working out definitely helps to alleviate those tensions. Even if I don't feel like going to the park or gym, by the time I'm finished, I feel so much better! I have never regretted a workout, but I have regretted not working out. Working out helps clear my mind and improve my mood a ton.
2. Working Out Helps You Eat Healthier. This is true for me, but I wonder if it's true for you too?? When I'm working out consistently, I tend to eat better. I recognize that I worked hard at the gym and I don't want to "blow it" by eating poorly. On the other hand, if I'm not working out, I tend to eat badly- indulging in way too many desserts. It's a double whammy either way.
3. Finish Strong. For me, I've worked really hard to get into good shape and I want to maintain what I've accomplished. If you've done the same, don't spoil it by quitting now!
4. Be Ahead of the Game for the New Year. When the New Year comes and everyone resolves to "get in shape" you'll be ahead of the curve! How great will that feel?!
5. No Guilt for Small Indulgences. I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I admit to having a sweet tooth and indulging in desserts (and wine!). I don't think total deprivation is a good thing and knowing I work out helps remind me that it's okay to indulge during the holidays without feeling guilty.
I don't tell you anything that I don't tell myself. Writing this blog helps motivate me to continue my efforts at living healthy too. My leg is feeling better, so I plan to pick back up my Live Fit Trainer. I made my meals for the week on Sunday and I plan to Finish Strong and start the New Year off right!
Also, I realized that I now have over 300 followers on Honey We're Healthy! To celebrate and say Thank You, I will be announcing a GIVEAWAY this week. If you want to follow this blog, click HERE or subscribe HERE.